Who knew?
Well, I had an embarrassing moment this weekend. First of all, how is someone supposed to just "know" rules of etiquette? I took chemistry and calculus and AP US history in high school. Well, I guess I did take home ec but I hated it and never paid attention.... I guess that's where I would have learned this. So I go to a wedding shower on Saturday - been to them before. Been to lots in Morehead. Went to one right after aerobics in my sweats - no big deal. This one... not the case. People were definitely wearing heels and skirts and dresses. And there was a professional photographer. What was Erin wearing - jeans and a shirt. It was a nice shirt but I definitely had on jeans. What??!! No one told me. I am so not from the south. We do not dress up where I come from. So I felt stupid the whole time but I just tried to play it off. What's a girl to do? Lesson learned - always ask the dress code before attending anything. You just never know.


2 Comments:
At 12:42 PM,
Anonymous said…
I have been to several showers as well and I have never just dressed up for the sake of dressing up. Usually the invitation will let someone know the proper attire. I have even thrown showers before and I was not dressed up. So I feel ya on this one sporty.
At 3:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
I would have worn jeans myself. Sorry I wasn't there to support you in that decision.
Post a Comment
<< Home