North or South?
I feel sorry for the birds in Nashville. I really do. There have been several times in the past few weeks that I have seen huge masses of them flying together. I am not a big fan of birds; actually, they kind of gross me out. But yesterday, as I was driving home from work, I saw another huge mass of them flying overhead. I felt bad b/c they are probably really confused. So far here this winter, it will be 60 degrees one day and then it's 30 with flurries the next. They are probably like, when should we fly south? Or are we already in the south b/c it feels like spring here? I think they are just flying around trying to figure out if they need to leave or not. They start off, and then it warms up so they stick around, and then it gets cold and they get ready to leave again. It's tough. I am sure they are confused.
Right now, I feel like those birds. Where do I go? What should I do? Am I in the right place? Am I going in the right direction? I am often confused about where I should go, when I should go there, or do I even go at all? What if I start out one way and then the weather changes all of the sudden? The circumstances haven't been like they usually are - so how am I supposed to know where to go? It's confusing and tough and sometimes I wish I could just be one of the birds in the back - and I could just follow everyone else. They could make the decisions, and I could just drift along.
Even though I feel like a confused bird, I know that God is guiding me as I seek to follow and glory Him. Sometimes it's not fun, and I wish I just knew all the answers so I could go and do it. Actually, it's really hard. But it's the only way to live, to truly live.
Lord, north or south? I will go where you lead.
Right now, I feel like those birds. Where do I go? What should I do? Am I in the right place? Am I going in the right direction? I am often confused about where I should go, when I should go there, or do I even go at all? What if I start out one way and then the weather changes all of the sudden? The circumstances haven't been like they usually are - so how am I supposed to know where to go? It's confusing and tough and sometimes I wish I could just be one of the birds in the back - and I could just follow everyone else. They could make the decisions, and I could just drift along.
Even though I feel like a confused bird, I know that God is guiding me as I seek to follow and glory Him. Sometimes it's not fun, and I wish I just knew all the answers so I could go and do it. Actually, it's really hard. But it's the only way to live, to truly live.
Lord, north or south? I will go where you lead.


4 Comments:
At 6:36 AM,
Anonymous said…
praying for you... for clarity in decisions :)
-doc
At 9:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
I know it is hard for you EB - God often waits till the last minute with me - and with many others - so just keep waiting and watching! Love you!
At 6:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
i'm enjoying reading your blog...I can relate to so much of it and it's an encouragement to me...oh, and I think birds are gross too!
At 9:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
i hear raleigh is a great place to move and it's neither north or south more east. although christopher columbus and monty would say west is the way to go.
Post a Comment
<< Home