Only in Southern California Part 4: Baywatch Moments

Well, a few weeks ago, we were laying out, just relaxing and I sat up to eat my lunch. As I sat up, one of the lifeguards from the stand behind me bolted down the beach. I have never seen someone run that fast on sand! Anyway, I woke my friends up and we tried to see who was in the ocean that needed help. We couldn't see anyone, but that amazingly trained lifeguard did. He went into the ocean, helped the person, and came back like it was no big deal. We were impressed! I now feel much safer when I am at the beach (not that I will probably ever get in the water there - it's freezing!). This is kind of what it looked like.

Here is what the lifeguard stand and truck look like. We are still confused why the lifeguard nearest to us felt the need to run all the way down the beach when there was another lifeguard stand closer. I know they have walkies and phones. Maybe he thought his running was faster than trying to contact them. I mean, he did run like lightning. Regardless, all of us at Santa Monica beach are thankful that the lifeguards are well trained with eagle eyes. I love the beach!

3 Comments:
At 6:37 PM,
Rachel said…
erin, i love reading your blog! you have too much fun! :) i soooo need to come visit you. i dream of the beach! ahh.....
miss ya.
At 8:12 PM,
Unknown said…
okay...a-mazing story! 1. because you go to the santa monica beach to lay out (what in the world) and 2. because i also feel safer for you knowing the lifeguards care about your safety. :o)
At 8:04 PM,
Amy J said…
i cannot even talk about how much you don't post on this blog... ;) hope you're well. love you so much and can't wait to see you in july. aj
Post a Comment
<< Home