Ellen!
Today, I got to go to a taping of the Ellen Show. It was so wonderful! I have a list of things I want to do while I live in Southern California and going to the Ellen show was one I never thought would happen. My friend randomly had an extra ticket and I snatched it up! It airs tomorrow (Wed the 10th). If you get to watch it, I am sitting in the front row right in front of DJ Johnny. I don't know if I'll get any camera time but it was great to watch Ellen dance right by me. She points as soon as she comes out for the show. It was right in my direction. I would like to think she was pointing to me but I really think it was directed at DJ Johnny. Oh well. :-) Pre-show, they have you dance like maniacs. Well, me and my friend JJ did just that. We were WILD! It was so fun! We were doing the running man, the cabbage patch, and the shopping cart - total dorks. But it was a blast!Then, to top it off, Patrick Dempsey was the guest! McDreamy was less than 20 ft away from me! When I found out I was going to be on the show, I was really
hoping it would be someone from Grey's Anatomy. And not only was it someone from Grey's, but it was McDreamy himself! And I am a bigger fan than I already was. He was so nice and kept waving to all us screaming fans. He even gave the game winner her gift and kissed her on the cheek. I think I would have passed out if that had been me.Ellen is also hilarious (of course). What I really liked was that they did everything in one take. I mean, maybe it's not like that all the time, but for this day, it was. That means whatever you see is the original way it was done - and I appreciate that.
It's pretty wild that right after the show they headed off to the People's Choice Awards. So I just saw McDreamy in the front row there on TV and I saw him live a few hours earlier. Nuts. Both Ellen and McDreamy look exactly like they do on tv. No surprises. I wish you could have all been there with me!


3 Comments:
At 7:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm watching it right now! I saw the back of your hair right in the very beginning! Was the lizard girl really there when you were taping? I'll write more when I'm done watching!
At 5:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
Kyle, Debbie, Lorie, and Darrel watched you on Debbie's little t.v. at the lunch table today. Well, we tried to find you anyway. What a great show you were able to see! We love you!
At 7:01 AM,
Anonymous said…
Im so excited for you that you got to go (and jealous!) Also sad that I had to be at work when it was on! Aww..Im glad that you got to do another one of your Southern California goals. And I am glad that I got to be a part of one of them at Disneyland! Speaking of which...sometime when we are anywhere near each other we need another Disney adventure. You we such a great Disney buddy!
Post a Comment
<< Home