No one asked my opinion

...but I'm going to give it anyway.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I have seriously lost my mind....

I really want to attribute the next few stories I am going to share to the fact that I have to hold a lot of information in my brain these days. Despite all the random, useless information I already hold, I now have to remember all the books I've read this quarter, all the lectures my professors have been giving, plus everything you usually have to remember in any given day or time period in your life. I wasn't going to share these stories at first, but when a similar story happened again yesterday, I thought my readers would get a laugh out of it. Please, don't judge.


So about 6 weeks ago, I was supposed to go to my friend's house to watch Grey's. She lives about 15 minutes away from me (mainly because of the million traffic lights I have to go through), and since I don't want to miss a minute of Grey's, I wanted to be there a few minutes early. I had planned to leave my apt around 8:30. Well, that night, I had 3 really long phone conversations with some friends, some good, one bad, and I guess it just affected my brain. Anyway, one ran over (because I love talking to this person - Kara, you're the best!) so all of the sudden, it was 8:45 - past time to leave. Well, I grabbed my purse and keys and cell phone, turned off my TV and headed out the door. I got to the car and what was also in my hand - yes, the remote control. I just kept it with me after turning off my TV. What a dork! I would have taken it back into my apt but there was no time. So the remote control had a fun journey and night spent hanging out in my car.



A few weeks after that, I did the same thing. Only I caught it before I actually made it to the car. Seriously, what is my problem?


Yesterday, though, tops it all. My friend had dropped me off from our Hip Hop dance class, and I was walking up to my apt. I got my keys out and started pressing the keyless entry for my car. I was acting like I could unlock my front door with the car remote! I just kept pressing it wondering why I wasn't hearing that unlocking noise. I have lost my mind. Of course, as with the two previous events, I just laughed out loud at myself. Then I looked around to see if anybody had seen me. I live in a congested little place so there are always people around. Luckily, no one was. That or they were hiding in the bushes laughing at me.


I am just interested to see what kind of weird-o thing I try to do next! However, if someone could invent a way to unlock our front doors with keyless entry - that would be marvelous. How about one of my brillant friends work on that invention?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Alicia said…

    hahaha, that made me laugh. a lot. :-)

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it makes you feel better EB. This morning i walked out the front door, locked it behind me and then realized that my keys were inside! I was locked out of my house and my car! I aslo have on more than one occasion tried to unlock the front door with the car clicker- YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! maybe it is a seminary thing?

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it. I used to do the key-clicker front door thing OFTEN!!! And then, remember when I opened my car door instead of turning on my blinker. Yeah. You're not alone.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger JE said…

    These are some of the funniest incidents I've ever heard of. This ranks up there with some of the things you see on TV. I think California is having an effect on you. Keep bringing the great stories...and update us on the "only in Cali" series when you get a chance.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Amy J said…

    Erin!
    I had dinner with Brent Hutchinson tonight (and about 15 other people...) and he told me about your blog! I found it! Hilarious.

    Anyway. I have been thinking about you and missing you! I'm about to read all the back months of your blog to catch up on your life.

    I hope you're well. Will you be in Nashville anytime soon? I'd love to see you.

    Love,
    amy j

     

Post a Comment

<< Home