Only in Southern California....
When my friend Jason moved to New Orleans last year, he started a notebook called, Only in New Orleans. Well, he was only there for a few weeks before 'trina hit so I am not sure if he still has that notebook. In honor of that, I am starting different blog entries that I will call, Only in Southern California. Let's talk about some of those things today.
1. Only in So. Cali (I can tell I won't want to type that out every time) can you get a burger and fries on the street corner. Yes, I did today. Don't worry - it's a clean place and the burgers are huge and good and cheap! The only in So. Cali part - they also sell tacos and burritos. And why wouldn't they?
2. Only in So. Cali would a woman be digging around in our shared "yard" with a spoon. b/c she was - yesterday. I don't know if she was searching for gold but she spent a good 30 minutes on it. Later on that day I came home to this.

Now, living here I immediately thought someone had been murdered or someone had burned the place down. But it's only wasps.... geez.

All that for some wasps....
I also have a neighbor that plays the violin. This isn't just in So. Cali b/c I had one my freshmen year at Morehead, too. This lady is MUCH better than that girl freshman year, but she literally plays all the time. Maybe it's her job? Who knows? I wouldn't know b/c....
3. Only in So. Cali would you say hi to your neighbors and they not say hi back. That has happened several times. People told me that Californians weren't friendly. I believed it but it's harder actually living it. No asking for a cup of sugar around here! And that's why I don't know what her job is b/c she won't even say hi to me.
I could go on but that is enough for today. Pictures of the blue SHAG carpet to come....
1. Only in So. Cali (I can tell I won't want to type that out every time) can you get a burger and fries on the street corner. Yes, I did today. Don't worry - it's a clean place and the burgers are huge and good and cheap! The only in So. Cali part - they also sell tacos and burritos. And why wouldn't they?
2. Only in So. Cali would a woman be digging around in our shared "yard" with a spoon. b/c she was - yesterday. I don't know if she was searching for gold but she spent a good 30 minutes on it. Later on that day I came home to this.

Now, living here I immediately thought someone had been murdered or someone had burned the place down. But it's only wasps.... geez.

All that for some wasps....
I also have a neighbor that plays the violin. This isn't just in So. Cali b/c I had one my freshmen year at Morehead, too. This lady is MUCH better than that girl freshman year, but she literally plays all the time. Maybe it's her job? Who knows? I wouldn't know b/c....
3. Only in So. Cali would you say hi to your neighbors and they not say hi back. That has happened several times. People told me that Californians weren't friendly. I believed it but it's harder actually living it. No asking for a cup of sugar around here! And that's why I don't know what her job is b/c she won't even say hi to me.
I could go on but that is enough for today. Pictures of the blue SHAG carpet to come....


4 Comments:
At 8:24 PM,
Rachel said…
Erin! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It was so good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you the other day. BBC just isn't the same without you. :(
I'm glad you're blogging more now. I will have to keep checking back to read all your funny stories and experiences. :) I plan to blog more soon. Miss ya!
At 4:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
Keep this up.. it is fun
-Mark Lamb
At 6:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
Yeah, your stories are pretty A-mazing. I hope you have time to keep this rollin'...
At 12:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
Erin
You kill me! I am sitting here in a class full of third graders writing Cursive and laughing out loud at your blue shag carpet, of course they all want to know what Mrs. Echol is laughing at, so now 15 third graders have seen Miss Erin's carpet. One boy said, "Her house must have been built when George Washington was alive."!!!!
Emily Echols
Post a Comment
<< Home